Summary Resume Of Attorney General Máire R. Whelan SC
Place of Birth
1. Educational Background
- B.A. (Hons) Political Science.
- LL.B. (Hons).
- LL.M. (Hons) King's College, London.
- Diploma in International Relations.
- Trained in Negotiations at Harvard with Professor Roger Fisher.
2. Professional Career
- 1985 - Called to the Bar.
- 2005 (March) - Called to the Inner Bar.
- Representative of the Bar Council on the Property Registration Authority
- Vice Chairperson Incorporated Council of Law Reporting for Ireland.
- Former Chairperson of FLAC (Free Legal Advice Centres).
- Former Advisor to Irish Commission for Prisoners Overseas.
3. Personal Information
- Married to Bernard McCabe.
- One child.
top of page...
©Office of the Attorney General, Government Buildings, Upper Merrion Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. Internet: www.attorneygeneral.ie